Bunk1 collects personally identifiable information from you, which may include:
- Bunk1 Notes. We offer features that allow you to send letters to your camper using our Services. If you choose to use these features, we may use your email address to copy you on the message or to send the letter on your behalf, and you hereby grant permission for such use.
- Photographs. We may ask you to provide photographs of yourself, your child, or others as part of your use of the Services. Photographs may be taken by you, us, or another third party. Depending on your use of the Services and types of features on the Services that your use, we may collect, capture, store, use, or obtain PII or biometric data, or cause others to do so, from the photographs submitted in connection with the services.
- Customer Services. When you contact us through any of our customer support channels, including email, web portals, and telephone support numbers, we collect PII to track and respond to your inquiry and analyze and improve our Services.
- Payment Information. If you choose to purchase any goods, services, or premium functionality through our Services, you may need to provide your payment information and other PII, such as your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number.
Information about your computer hardware and software may automatically be collected by Bunk1 using data collection and tracking tools when you use the Service. This information may include:
- IP address
- Browser type
- Type of operating system
- Device type
- Unique device identifier
- Internet service provider
- Language preference
- Access times and dates
- Geographic location
- Referring website addresses
- Browsing history
- Search queries
- Other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information.
This information is used by us for our business purposes, including without limitation for the operation and improvement of the Service, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Service and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Service.
Examples of the types of tracking technologies deployed on the Services include the following:
- “Cookies” are small data files stored on your computer or device to collect information about your use of the Services. In addition to the general purposes listed above, cookies may enable us to recognize you as the same user who was at our website in the past, and relate your use of our website to other information we have about you. Cookies may also be used to enhance your experience on our website (for example, by storing your username) and/or to collect general usage and aggregated statistical information. Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them, but refusing cookies may, in some cases, limit your use of our website or its features.
- “Local shared objects,” or “flash cookies,” may be stored on your computer or device using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate much like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings.
- A “pixel tag” (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our emails or seen one of our web pages.
- “HTML5” (the language some websites, such as mobile websites, are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your usage of the Services so that we may improve and customize them for you.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Service to you and to improve the Service;
- to provide, operate, improve, and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- to register your account;
- to determine trends in consumption of our products and determine where our products may be in demand;
- to provide you with information about products and services that we may provide that we think may be of interest to you;
- to provide you with updates about our products and services and with transactional information;
- for customer service and/or support, security (including for authentication purposes), to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Service;
- for analytics purposes;
- to fulfil your requests, such as those related to ordering and payment;
- to communicate with you;
- to comply with applicable laws or respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process;
- to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others;
- as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions.
Sharing of Information
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We may share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Service or assist us in providing functionality on the Service, provide analytics on the Service, to send out emails on our behalf or process payments.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We reserve the right to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Bunk1 does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.Biometric Data
When our customers use our products to post photographs of their campers, the photographs are scanned by a third-party facial geometry recognition software to assist parents in identifying their campers in the photographs and to notify parents when photographs of their campers are uploaded.
The profile photographs of campers that parents may upload are deleted at the end of each calendar year. Our system works best when parents upload new photographs of their campers at the start of each camp year for the software to have a recent photograph to work with. Once parents tag a camp photograph, tag information is retained with the photograph indefinitely unless parents un-tag it. We retain biometric data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, but in no event will we retain biometric data for longer than three (3) years from the date on which our customers’ constituents terminate their account membership.
Your Rights and Choices
You may access or modify some of your information and/or modify your preferences through your account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to External Websites / Online Services
Security Used & Retention of Personal Information
Bunk1 uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Service and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information, including biometric data. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of data. Users of the Service are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of our Service. In order to protect us, you and your data, we may suspend your use of the Service, without notice if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Service are restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation.Do Not Track
Our Service does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.Children
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of eighteen. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of eighteen.Contact Information: Questions and Changes in Information